Welcome to my site-portfolio
where I'm shearing with the world my art.
I will really appreciate if you send me feedback or
I am a coffee painting artist with a focus on human and coffee inspiration themes.
When I was a child I always wanted to be an artist, I never even thought about doing anything else. There is so much opportunity in art and I love to do everything!
I was born and grew up in Ukraine and from a young age, I was always, as my mom says “putting my nose” in how to make art. I learned drawing, loved painting, tried sewing for my dolls -(after that I wasn't allowed to touch any fabric without permission), did sculptures out of clay from our garden, learned how to make fake flowers, made mural on the walls in my bedroom.. It was bright childhood! So my parents decided to make me busy and few times a week after regular school I went to art school and from this moment I opened new world for me with history of arts, great artists from different periods and different countries and greatest pieces of art. My balance from what I want to make and what I could - crashed. From this point I realize how much I needed to learn to getting close to this balance. My dad always told me: if you think You are already a genius - you are stuck and couldn’t develop, try to do something else.
I think I am lucky to see the way where I can develop.
I earned my Masters degree in Art and had some really good teachers that I enjoyed learning with.
One of my latest loves in creating art is “coffee painting”. I started to do it spontaneously - I made a gift to a friend Cliff and decided it would be good idea to make his portrait by coffee - (he is big coffee lover and owned a coffee shop). He was so happy about this portrait and I received so much positive feedback, that I decided to make more paintings.
I am using only espresso coffee and doing my painting on stretched canvas. I did experiments and spend months for creating dark color and stained effects and all that experiments giving me so much inspirations each time when I am doing something. Sometimes it is hard to control stains and after drying it’s becoming totally different, sometimes it's perfect, sometimes I need to redo till will like but it is so exciting!
Small introduction about me:
I am from Ukraine, have a master's degree in Decorative and Applied Arts.
13+ years in art teaching;
3 years as a sculptor (United Artistic Works LTD);
7 years Interior Space Designer (Ukraine);
mural paintings for Cafe "The Chess" (Ukraine, 2001);
from 1998 - freelance artist (for comissions: ceramics, small sculpture, portraits, illustrations, logo design, book covers)
Lviv National Academy of Arts (6 years)
Donetsk College of Art Design (4 years)
Art School for Teens (4 years)
Participation of Art Shows and Art Exhibitions:
- Ukrainian Art Exhibition «Chernobyl Tragedy» _1996 / Kiev, Ukraine
- Regional Art Competition «10 years of Chernobyl tragedy» _1996 / Donetsk, Ukraine
- Art Show «The Artists of The Donetsk Region» _ 1998 / Gorlovka, Ukraine
- Students Art Show «Art in Ceramics»_ 1996 / Lviv, Ukraine
- State Art Museum Art Show «O. Zabolotnyy and his Heritage » _ 1998 / Gorlovka, Ukraine
- The Youth Art Exhibition «Graphics of the Spring» _1999 / Lviv, Ukraine
- Student's Art Show of the Lviv Academy of Arts «Graduate 2001»_ 2001 / Lviv, Ukraine
- State Art Museum Art Show «The Artists of The Donetsk Region» _ 2003 / Gorlovka, Ukraine
- City’s Art Fairs _2005 / Gorlovka, Ukraine
- State Art Museum «Personal Exhibition of I. Zabolotna» _2006 / Gorlovka, Ukraine
- Palace of Children's and Teen’s Creativity City’s Art Fairs _2009 / Gorlovka, Ukraine
- City Art Fairs Exhibitions _2010 / Gorlovka, Ukraine
- State Art Museum Art Show «The Family of Artists» _2011 / Gorlovka, Ukraine
- State Art Museum Art Show «Euro-2012»_2012 / Gorlovka, Ukraine
- Art Show «WOMEN of the CONGO» _2012 / New York, USA
- Cornell Street Studios Nautical Art Show «Making Waves» _2013 / Kingston, NY, USA
- Coffee Planet Cafe _2014 / Ballston Spa,NY
- Grand Street Community Arts Show «Winter Fair» _2014 / Albany, NY, USA
- Coffee Planet Cafe _2016 / Ballston Spa,NY
- Upstate Artists Guild Gallery_ 2016/ Albany, NY
- Wonky Studio Art Gallery_2017-2018/ Ballston Spa, NY
- Coffee Planet Cafe_2017-now/Ballston Spa, NY
my dad Olexander Zabolotnyy,
brother Valerii, son Bogdan and me in State Art Museum,
Gorlovka, Ukraine, 2006